Dr. Joshua Jones is passionate about creating smiles that are beautiful and functional. It is his goal to have each patient finish treatment with a healthy, stable bite and an incredible smile that radiates confidence.
Seeing the transformation in his patients, as they move from feeling unhappy about their appearance to loving their smile, is what Dr. Jones appreciates most about his profession.
Education and Continuing Education
- Hahnville High School – Paradis, LA, 1996
- Bachelor of Science in Biological Sciences – University of New Orleans, New Orleans, LA, 2001
- Doctorate of Dental Surgery – Louisiana State University School of Dentistry, New Orleans, LA, 2005
- Certificate of Advanced Graduate Studies – Jacksonville University School of Orthodontics, Jacksonville, FL, 2007
Dr. Jones is actively involved in continuing education, going well above and beyond the requirements by the state board for licensure each year.
He completes courses in orthodontics, as well as general dentistry, to stay informed of the latest techniques, technologies, and emerging research. By staying current in his specialty and general dental trends, he is able to design individual treatment plans that address each person’s dental health and their smile goals.
Dr. Jones is an active member in good standing of the:
- American Association of Orthodontists
- Southern Association of Orthodontists
- Louisiana Orthodontic Association
- American Dental Association
- Louisiana Dental Association
- New Orleans Dental Association
Beyond the Practice
A native of St. Charles Parish, Dr. Jones resides in Metairie with his wife Wendy, children Katelyn, Kristina, Matthew, and Sophia, and a Cocker Spaniel named Lady. A devoted father and family man, he is dedicated to giving each of his children the love, attention, and time they need and deserve.
When he’s not in the office, Dr. Jones loves to travel, though that can be challenging with four active children. Having spent his residency in Florida, Disney World is, hands down, the family’s favorite destination!
Though the kids keep them quite busy, Dr. Jones and his wife devote time and volunteer with numerous ministries at their church, St. Clement of Rome in Metairie. They believe it is important for children to learn to serve others at an early age, so they may continue to do so as they get older, and feel it is important to model this behavior. The couple also enjoys the acts of outreach, and treasures the connections they build with the community.
Dr. Jones especially enjoys ministry through the St. Clement choir. Singing at church doesn’t seem to be enough, though, as he loves to serenade his patients and staff throughout the day. In fact, he’s come to be known as “The Singing Orthodontist!”